You have made all the right decisions; you have researched the right Woodridge, ON moving company and compared a few quotes. Your move is set with ABS Movers & Storage: in three months you will transition from your little apartment in Woodridge, ON, to a 3-bedroom home in the outskirts of Toronto!
For your benefit (and ours), we thought we would support you with a moving checklist to keep you on-track and organized. Check out this guide from our professional movers:
- Sort & Purge
Not everything has to go with you. Ask yourself:
- Do I like this?
- Have I worn this in the past year?
- Is this still a functional piece of furniture?
- Will I ever fix/repurpose this item in order to use it in my new space?
- Have I gotten my money’s worth from these items?
- Will this work in my new space and layout?
These types of questions will help guide you in your packing process. Or, if you have selected to use our packing services in conjunction with your move, sorting and purging will help you to save money on unnecessary [paid] hours to the movers.
- Consider creating a “moving binder”
Keeping track of your belongings, estimates, payments, timeline, and agreements just makes good sense. Print emails and write down dates and times in a manner which makes sense to you. A “moving binder” helps keep all your information in one spot. Further, you can add tabs to keep yourself on top of the process leading up to your moving day:
- Tab: to donate
- Tab: expensive items going on truck (take pictures to catalog condition pre-move)
- Tab: estimates and contracts
- Tab: payments
- Tab: important dates (moving company arrival date, delivery date, storage dates, deposit and payment dates, final lease/new lease or mortgage payment dates, address change dates, etc.)
- Tab: receipts
- Use it up!
Use up whatever you can that you can not or will not be bringing with you. Example: perishable food. Think of this period of time before your move as a short season of culinary creativity… There is no sense in wasting food—attack your freezer and refrigerator with an open mind!
- Gather measurements
This will come in handy for your moving company. You see, our movers need to know if there are tight spaces or oversized furniture. Further, consider your destination; will all your furniture fit? Measure the rooms if at all possible. You do not want to arrive at your new home to discover an item will not fit through the door or into the room you planned.
- Labels matter
If you’re packing yourself, label. If not, be sure labeling is part of the packing process. Unpacking in your new home will go much, much more smoothly.
For more tips like these, give our team at ABS Movers & Storage a call! We look forward to guiding you through this exciting time!
ABS Movers & Storage | 17 Dora Ave Toronto, ON M6H 1J5 | (416) 588-1499