With the weather warming and the summer months pending, it’s the high season for moving. Unfortunately, this also means the season for fake or terrible relocation companies to swing into gear. Did you know that the Better Business Bureau (BBB) fields tens of thousands of complaints against movers on a yearly basis—why? Because it’s easy! It is so easy, in fact, that almost any guy with a truck and a website can con people into believing he’s part of a legitimate moving service.
It’s no wonder people are skeptical of movers and opt to take time off work, spend money on a moving truck, solicit helps from family and friends, and do the backbreaking work themselves. Who can you trust? We understand! But the right Caledon, ON movers for you are located right here in the locality.
Whether you have to move soon or a few months down the road, this little list of rules will lead you straight to ABS Movers & Storage, and you’ll be grateful that it did!
- All movers are NOT the same
Not by a long shot. If you’ve moved as many times as most adults, you’ll know: some movers are top-of-the-line while others are utter nightmares. Research your options, check the BBB for complaints and resolutions and get a cost estimate to compare with others.
- Keep watch for the classic warning signs
Many people learn this the hard way. Here are some signs that almost always point to trouble:
- A required large deposit upfront
- Their truck is a rental and/or doesn’t have the company name on it
- Their address can’t be cross-checked online or on their website
- They don’t have a website
- Specific information regarding their license or insurance is unavailable when requested
- They answer the phone as “movers” or something generic which doesn’t include the company name
- People you know and trust warn you against them
- They have complaints lodged against them with the BBB
- They are a brand new company—this doesn’t always mean something bad, but you’re better off choosing an established mover
- The prices seem too low/too good to be true
- Plan ahead of time
Of course, you don’t always have this luxury during a quick move, but even if your move is coming up fast, ABS Movers & Storage is here to help! In general, however, it’s important to plan ahead when possible. This will prevent you from making impulsive or unsupported decisions. When you’re crunched for time, it’s too easy to ignore warning signs and pay too much.
While every move is stressful to some degree, it should never feel overwhelming and overly time-consuming. Call ABS Movers & Storage. You’ll never use another mover again! If you have to move in the future, you’ll have a dependable, go-to option!
ABS Movers & Storage | 17 Dora Ave Toronto, ON M6H 1J5 | (416) 588-1499